WIPN’s DEI committee focuses on not only promoting and highlighting women of color in the retirement industry but also focusing on enhancing the knowledge of those in the industry on how to best identify and combat barriers that prevent the inclusion and success of women of all backgrounds and ethnicities. We provide quarterly events that address specific issues to women of color, differently abled women, and women who are a part of the LGBTQ+ community. In addition, we also provide guidance to those in the industry on how to best provide an inclusive working environment and promote the needs of a diverse participant base. Our efforts will help recruit and retain a more diverse group of women in the industry to best serve the diverse population on their retirement path.
- According to McKinsey’s, Why Diversity Matters, companies in the top quartile for gender or racial and ethnic diversity are more likely to have financial returns above their national industry medians.
- Diverse leaderships can foster talent pipelines of attracting, developing, mentoring, sponsoring and retaining the next generation of global leaders at all levels of organization.
- Diverse and equitable workplaces and boardrooms foster innovation and better decision-making for improved economic results.
WE Inspire. Promote. Network. (WIPN) is building a diversity networking initiative to tap into women of color to educate and empower women about professional opportunities. We are raising awareness and bringing more women of color into our industry with college outreach at Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs). WIPN’s diversity focus is on developing a pipeline of potential candidates for your business. Leverage your sponsorship to promote job opportunities within your firm and find qualified candidates through the WIPN network.
With more than 5500 subscribers, over 1400 members and 32 local chapters nationwide, WIPN advances equity and opportunity for women in the retirement industry. WIPN membership includes women at all career levels — from entry level to senior management — who represent all segments of the retirement industry, including recordkeepers, TPAs, DCIOs, insurance, broker-dealers, RIAs, ERISA attorneys, advisors and consultants. Formalized in 2009, the organization is now an established 501(c)6 non-profit.
WIPN can help sponsors take specific actions to advance women from a diversity of backgrounds by sharing your messaging to our potential candidates.
- Are you offering internships?
- Has your business been recognized as a collaborative and respectful environment that promotes participation and contribution of all employees?
WIPN is all about making connections that count and connections that change — a mindset, a perspective, a new awareness — by representing the point of view of all women!